Replace a USA passport abroad

If your U.S. passport has been lost or stolen, it is important that you report it to the United States Department of State as soon as you can. Just like a stolen driver’s license or identification card, a stolen passport can be used to steal your identity. Call the U.S. Department of State at (877) 487-2778.

If your passport has been lost or stolen, damaged or mutilated while you are in Europe, you will have to replace the passport before returning to the United States.

Learn more, and contact the nearest U.S. embassy or consulate for assistance.